Saturday, July 9, 2011

37 Weeks

For our anniversary on Thursday, James took me to a French restaurant I hadn't been to before called Baru 66. It was so delicious... my favorite part was the chocolate fondant cake for dessert (obviously!)  :)  Then we just walked around town for a little while and took some pictures.  It was great to hang out together just us two.  We have a lot to talk about regarding our future-- the new baby and thinking about job opportunities for me/where we'll be moving after residency are at the forefront right now.  I love talking things through with James, he always has a great take on any situation that I'm worried about and makes the answer sound so simple and practical.

37 Weeks

Mr. and Mrs. Kane for 5 years! 

I bought James a new watch for our anniversary which he really liked.  I'm spoiled by James and have gotten diamond jewelry for every anniversary since our 2 year dating anniversary... and this year is no different!  He's going to be getting me a right-hand ring with diamonds and the baby's birthstone on it.  However, since the due date is the end of July he wasn't sure whether to get the July or August birthstone (let's all be crossing our fingers for July!) and with the heat and pregnancy my fingers aren't exactly the size they usually are to size the ring.  So we'll be shopping for that gift later :)

Baby updates: kind of more of the same over here!  Getting ready to meet Baby Kane!  I bet I'll deliver pretty close to term... the head was not yet engaged at our 37 week appointment and I'm not really feeling much in terms of contractions or anything.  So I'll keep the weekly pictures coming for now!

If I look exhausted, it's because I was!  After a long day at work on my feet.

How your baby's growing:

Your baby is now considered "full term," even though your due date is three weeks away. If you go into labor now, his lungs will likely be mature enough to fully adjust to life outside the womb. (Some babies need a bit more time, though. So if you're planning to have a repeat c-section, for example, your practitioner will schedule it for no earlier than 39 weeks unless there's a medical reason to intervene earlier.)
Your baby weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel (like a stalk of Swiss chard). Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. But don't be surprised if your baby's hair isn't the same color as yours. Dark-haired couples are sometimes thrown for a loop when their children come out as blonds or redheads, and fair-haired couples have been surprised by Elvis look-alikes. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz.

1 comment:

  1. Awww, I love this post! You two are the sweetest.
    I can't wait to meet the tiny one! I also feel some baby fever comin' on!

    ReplyDelete