Wellll I've been delaying this post because I have been hoping Baby Kane would just make his or her grand appearance during the last week! But no luck yet. I have felt "ready" for at least a week now. I've been through the nesting phase-- the apartment has been spotless for the last week (like, I get mad at James for leaving a glass on the counter I'm that OCD) and I've been doing weird cleaning projects like cleaning out underneath the kitchen sink and cleaning the outside of the refrigerator. My maternity leave for work officially started yesterday. I sure hope this kid comes soon because I only get 4 weeks off! I'll probably start doing clinic walk-in visits tomorrow if there's no action so I can extend my leave on the back end. I've just felt so uncomfortable that working yesterday or today have not sounded appealing at all. Oh well.
We have our 40 week appointment tomorrow-- due date! I do think that delivery is close as I've been having intermittent contractions for at least a week (more in the past 5 days or so) and have felt the pressure of the baby's head for almost two. We'll see what happens!
Here's my last set of belly bump pictures before baby comes. Pictures were taken yesterday at 39 weeks, 5 days.
 |
| Our first and last "baby fruits" |
How your baby's growing:
Your baby's waiting to greet the world! He continues to build a layer of fat to help control his body temperature after birth, but it's likely he already measures about 20 inches and weighs a bit over 7 pounds, a mini watermelon. (Boys tend to be slightly heavier than girls.) The outer layers of his skin are sloughing off as new skin forms underneath.
COME ON, BABY!!!!
ReplyDeleteI love this picture. I didn't get into the pool! Shucks! I think a girl on the 28th. My oldest was born on the 28th so we would have that in common! Love you, Megan! AM
ReplyDelete