Sunday, August 28, 2011

Jack's Visitors

Jack is almost 4 weeks old now!  We recently had a 10 day visit from James's mom Sandy, who was a big help to us.  She basically did all the laundry, dishes, errands, and helped me take care of Jack during her stay.  James had to work every single day of her visit so it was great to have the help, otherwise I might have lost it!  Mostly we stayed inside the apartment as I was just exhausted and it seemed hard to travel with a newborn.  However, we did make a quick visit to the Iowa State Fair to visit Daddy at work in the Iowa craft beer tent.  For those of you not from Iowa, the Iowa State Fair is HUGE here and it was a great opportunity for the brewery to be involved in this.  Or that's what I told myself when James was gone for 2 weeks straight... :) 






Thank you so much for visiting Grandma Kane!!



My cousin Maggie also drove to Des Moines to meet Jack!



Most recently, my Aunt Mary came for a weekend visit as well.  



Jack is becoming more and more alert every day.  He's also more awake these days... which means more crying... but that's a newborn I guess!  

I can't even believe it, but my maternity leave is over today and I have to go back for a few half days in clinic this week.  We only get 4 weeks off during residency because training rules are that we can't be away from our clinic for more than that amount of time.  I could take more time off, but then I'd have to extend my residency and really, let's just get this over with!  Only about 9 more months until I'm done!  It's not the worst situation, since we live in resident housing about a 3 minute walk from the hospital I can come home at lunch and feed Jack.  This week I arranged my half days around James's schedule so he will watch him when I'm in clinic.  Then this weekend my mom comes for a 2 week stay to help out once I go back full time.  We'll get through it.  It's just too bad Jack doesn't understand Mommy has to work during the day and still wants to be fed every 2 hours during the night!  :) 

Last but not least, here are some cute pictures I took of him in an outfit from his Great Aunt Mary!  My little Irish boy is the cutest! 




No comments:

Post a Comment