Friday, October 7, 2011

2 Months

Jack is 2 months old!  He is just so much fun now.  He smiles a lot, cooes, can entertain himself with his own hands, and definitely recognizes James and me.  In the last month he's gone on his first long car trips back to Barrington and to Wisconsin and did awesome!  He's sleeping at least 5 hours straight at night now.  Our string of visitors and weekend road trips was finally over this week so we tried putting him in his crib in his own room for the first time two nights ago (he'd been in his bassinet in our room previously).  He slept 6 hours the first night and 7 hours last night!  I don't know if this will last, but it was great! And then in the mornings when he wakes up and I walk in to get him out of his crib, he recognizes me and gives me a smile that just melts my heart.  I think it's the definitely the best feeling in the world!

He had his 2 month well child check today.  He weighs 12 pounds, 8 ounces (75th percentile), he's 23 1/2 inches long (75th percentile) and 50th percentile for head.  He got his first set of vaccinations today too.  I thought I'd be this tough mom since I'm in the medical field and watch kids get vaccinated all the time... but the minute he got poked and he started crying my eyes watered too.   My poor baby!  But he only cried for a little and then I was able to rock him to sleep.  When I checked on him at lunch he was still in a good mood and had just slept the rest of the morning.  

Jack loves his hands, bathtime, the vibration setting on his bouncer, and being outside.  Thankfully we've had an Indian Summer here in Des Moines so I can take him for walks every day after work! 

Here's some pictures of our big 2 month old! 







No comments:

Post a Comment