Thursday, September 29, 2011

Class of 2001

Last weekend James, Jack, and I made the trip back to Barrington to visit family and for our 10 year high school reunion.  It's so hard to believe it's been 10 years since we finished high school!  At the same time, a lot has happened since we graduated Barrington High School: college, getting married, medical school, residency, and of course Jack being born!  We took Jack to the Homecoming parade (he slept through most of it, including the very loud band!), a tour of BHS, and half of the homecoming football game.  He did awesome through all of it.  He's very portable and a great traveler :) At night we had our 10 year reunion event at a local restaurant/bar in Barrington.  Grandma Kane babysat and we got to enjoy a night out!

It was so fun to relieve high school memories with James.  We found our old lockers and remembered how James would sit by my locker every morning waiting for me to get to school (usually late, having Amy in tow).  At the football game I remembered cheering with the rest of the pom squad/cheerleaders as the football team took the field and shouting James's name.  The Homecoming dance was our first school dance as a couple senior year of high school, so Homecoming in general has always had a special meaning for us.  When we visited the gym it brought back memories of dancing at basketball games with the pom squad and having James in the stands for every single performance.  So many of my high school memories are linked to James!

At the Homecoming Parade

With our little Bronco

Barrington High School
Another great part of the trip home was that Jack got to meet the rest of the family that had not yet made it out to Iowa to visit.  I took so many pictures... here are a few of my favorites!

The gang at the parade

Jack Scott with his mom and Uncle Scott


Jack meets cousin George for the first time! 




Jack and all his cousins! John, George, and Annette

Jack and Grandpa





Lastly, we finished off the weekend with a trip to Ft. Atkinson, Wisconsin for a job interview.  It went well and I like the job up there.  Next week I have another interview in Appleton, Wisconsin.  Then James and I will have a big decision to make!  Soon I'll be posting where the Kane Family will be moving... stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment