Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Grandma Doherty's Visit and Back to Work

My mom just left yesterday after a 2 1/2 week visit.  It was so great having her here!  She somehow kept the apartment clean, did our laundry, watched Jack, and cooked dinner every night.  And left a freezer full of frozen meals for us.  A lot happened in those 2 weeks she was here.  I went back to work full time, Jack started smiling, he grew out of his 0-3 month clothes, and he started to sleep 4-5 hour stretches at night.  I feel like he is changing so much every day!

Going back to work was hard, but not as bad as I thought.  We live in resident housing which is only a 3 minute walk from the hospital, so a commute is not an issue.  It was really comforting to know that Jack was only a few minutes away with Grandma. I've been able to come home at lunch to feed him and visit a little everyday as well.  However, since Mom left today was Jack's first day of daycare and I have to admit there were some tears (from me, not Jack!) when I dropped him off.  But don't get the wrong idea, we have a really good daycare situation set up. Our daycare provider, Heidi, comes to our neighbor's (and great friends) apartment to watch fellow residents' kids every day.  Currently it's Caedon (21 months), Reagan (4 months) and Jack.  So in the morning I walk him 3 doors down to daycare before I go to work.  And I can still come home at lunch every day.  Really it's an awesome situation!

This weekend we have our first long car trip with Jack.  I hope it goes well!  We are headed back to Barrington for our 10 year high school reunion this weekend.  (Little did James and I know 10 years ago when we were first dating and getting ready to go to our first high school dance together that we'd be coming to our reunion married and with a baby!)  :) Then Sunday afternoon we are going to Ft. Atkinson, Wisconsin for my first job interview on Monday.  Ft. Atkinson is about 40 minutes SE of Madison and an hour and 45 minutes NW of Barrington.  I have another interview a week after that in Appleton, Wisconsin (3 hours north of Barrington).  I've spent time in both places working in their clinics and I like both locations.  I guess we'll see how the interviews go and in a few short weeks I may have a job and we'll know where we are moving after residency!

Here are some pictures of what we've been up to the past few weeks!

Jack and Grandma



Could he be any cuter?  Nope! 

Jack's first Farmer's Market

Little sleepy bear



No comments:

Post a Comment