Monday, February 6, 2012

6 Months Old!

Jack is 6 months old!



I can't believe it's been half a year since we brought our little guy home.  It's gone by fast and slow all at the same time.  We went to his 6 month checkup appointment today and here are his stats:

Height: 27.5 inches (a little over 75th percentile)
Weight: 19 lbs, 3 oz (a little over 75th percentile)
Head Circumference: 75th percentile

He got four shots and one oral vaccine today (the oral vaccine is basically just a small amount of medicine to drink).  The nurse handed me his oral vaccine and had me give that to him as she got the shots ready.  So I gave Jack one of his vaccines-- how many times can a mom say that?  :)  He took the shots well with just a little crying and some snuggles back at home before a nap.  Overall, he's just a total champ!

Jack is still nursing and we've added in maybe 2 small meals of rice or oatmeal cereal a day.  I've bought some organic baby food (spinach, carrots, squash) but haven't tried it yet.  Maybe we'll start adding that in soon! He's wearing 9 to 12 month clothes... growing so fast!


Today I am... 6 months old!

Recent Milestones
New Things I Can Do:  Sit, eat rice cereal from a spoon, babble, squeal, and even scream

Favorite Things:  Toys I can suck on, my toes

Places I Went: Barrington to be baptized

Special Events and Holidays: My baptism January 14th

The sign didn't have a chance this month... directly into the mouth. 



Don't put that behind me, I want to suck on it! 





Hanging with brother Bailey 
Until Bailey had enough of the kicking...
I've been playing with the settings on my DSLR camera recently and have had a few of my own photo shoots with Jack (basically trying to figure out how to use the camera as it's supposed to be used, more than just the auto setting!).  Here's a few of my favorite pictures I've taken so far:










Love these cheeks!


No comments:

Post a Comment