Sunday, January 29, 2012

Growing so fast!

This past week it seems like Jack has just been growing so fast!  I come home from work and he looks older to me almost every day.  Our biggest accomplishment this week: sitting!

A week ago he could "sit" if I put his legs out in front of him for support: eventually he would just tip forward.  Then on Monday our daycare provider said he sat for 15 minutes all on his own playing with his toys!  He's been sitting longer and longer on his own the rest of the week.  He can sit and play with his toys for awhile now.  And he can transition from sitting to laying on his tummy on his own.  He is also rolling both directions quickly.  Our quilt on the floor we have been using as  a play area is kind of useless now, because he can roll off that in seconds.  We'll have to look into getting something bigger!

He's also a lot more vocal.  He developed this high pitched squeal when he gets really excited (kind of hurts my ears if I'm too close, but I laugh because it's so cute!).  I had a pretty busy and stressful week at work, but every night when I came home Jack would squeal with delight when he saw me.  Seriously the best part of my day.  (A close second:  listening him talk to himself in his crib in the mornings before I go and get him, and then his big squeal and smile when he sees me).  I love hearing his baby talk... if you listen closely I'm pretty sure he's saying "mama" hidden in the "babababa"s :)

My big sitter!



Add caption

His next move was to push his hips off the floor... crawling soon?? 
I love this face!

No comments:

Post a Comment