He is changing so much every day. I looked at him last week, bouncing in his exersaucer, long bangs almost down to his eyes, smiling and laughing and thought, "Where did my baby go?" I mean, he's still a baby. But definitely a more active, rolling, smiling, laughing one!
Last weekend was New Year's, and I had to work because I had Christmas off. James obviously had to work as it's a busy weekend for the restaurant business. So my mom came to visit for the weekend to take some of the pressure off. Jack had a lot of fun with her!
Mom babysat while I was on call, while I took a nap, and I even got to go see a movie with my friend Sara. On New Year's Day she helped me take down my Christmas decorations and clean up and organize the apartment. One of my organizing jobs I'd been putting off was putting away Jack's baby clothes into bins. It was so sad boxing up his little 0-3, 3 month, and 3-6 month outfits I love. Well, maybe Baby Kane #2 will be a boy and I'll see them again someday!
Jack is still sleeping through the night (about 8 or 9pm till 6am) with the occasional 3am wakeup where I can just rock him back to sleep. We haven't tried solid food or rice cereal yet, although I know I technically could at his age. Maybe this month! Our little chunker seems to be doing fine with just breast milk so I'll hold off on that as long as possible.
Today I am... 5 Months Old!
Recent Milestones
New Things I Can Do: roll fast back to front, sit up for a few seconds (before tipping over), take my pacifier out of my mouth, hold it, and then suck on the side (?? don't understand this one, but he loves doing it!)
Favorite things:
![]() |
| Taking baths (with my new elephant towel!) |
| Sucking on my toes and fingers |
| My exersaucer |
Special Events and Holidays: My First Christmas and New Year's!
The 5 month photoshoot was... interesting. I just have to laugh when I look at these pictures. I think the days of Jack sitting peacefully and smiling for the camera with the sign next to him are over!
| But still so cute! |

No comments:
Post a Comment