There weren't a lot of new milestones this past month, but Jack just got a better handle on the milestones he has met. He can sit really well and for long periods of time, transfer to his belly, and then roll around like crazy! This past month we did have a little regression in his sleep patterns. He went from sleeping the night to waking up once at night, then twice at night, then an hour right after he went to bed. What the heck, Jack? Then I read about sleep training, and we did that for one night. We let him cry for 5 minutes, then soothed him, then let him cry for 10 minutes, and by the time we let him cry for 15 minutes he only lasted 13 minutes then was asleep. The next night he went to bed without crying at all, and he's been a great sleeper ever since! That one night was a little hard to let him "cry it out"... but that method totally worked!
He weighs 19 lbs, 14 ounces. He's still nursing and we've added in more baby food this month. Jack's favorites are sweet potatoes, spinach and carrots, and apples and blueberries. He didn't really like the banana/plum/oatmeal baby food... maybe he doesn't like bananas like his daddy? He's getting the last wears out of his 9 month outfits (some are pretty tight!) and he's into mostly 12 month and even 12-18 month clothing in some brands!
Today I am... 7 months old!
Recent Milestones
New Things I Can Do: eat baby food, sit in my highchair
Favorite Things: Light up toys... I like watching the blinking lights and then putting them right in my mouth
Places I Went: The mall, Target, and Gray's Lake for walks... we laid low this month!
Special Events and Holidays: my first Valentine's Day!
| Kiss me I'm Iowish! |


No comments:
Post a Comment