Monday, March 26, 2012

March... in one post

Wow, I am behind on this.  March has been... madness.  Haha maybe that was lame.  I started off the month on my internal medicine rotation.  It's the hardest rotation of residency where I had to work 2 weeks straight with a busy 30 hour shift each weekend.  Good news is, that is the last time I had to do that rotation during residency!  We also had some visitors to come help us out during those two weeks.  The first weekend, Aunt Colleen came to visit!  She was on spring break from law school and was able to watch Jack while James and I had to work.  Jack loved spending time with his Aunt Colleen!

Just taking a little nap 




March 10th was James's 29th birthday!  We both had to work during the day, but we were able to celebrate a little at night.  Here is our little family of three!  I mentioned how last year at this time Jack was the size of a banana... a lot has changed in a year! 


Jack loved playing with the balloon strings... he was very serious about it 


The next weekend my mom came to help out.  I was barely functioning and trying to make it through my last weekend of internal medicine so unfortunately I didn't get any pictures.  Sorry Mom! She and Jack hung out, took walks together, and read books.  She also did my laundry, cleaned my kitchen, and made me meals all weekend.  I love when she comes to visit :)

After finishing my last rotation of internal medicine EVER, I had a short break before I went to Atlanta for a board review course for 4 days.  In April, I am taking the American Academy of Family Practice Board Exam-- when I pass this test, I'll be a "board certified" family practitioner (and done with exams... at least until I have to re-certify in about 8 years).  I booked this trip several months ago, as I've heard from residents in the past that it is a great way to get a comprehensive review of material before the boards.  I'm not going to lie, I did have a minor freak-out before I left.  How could I leave my baby for 4 days??  But it all turned out okay.  James was a single dad while I was gone, and he did amazing.  The course was great, I learned a lot, and feel much more prepared for my test in April.  I'm glad I got this concentrated review, as being a resident and a mommy leaves little time available for studying!  I went with Sarah and Cassie, two other residents in my class.  We were able to go out to eat a few times, go shopping, and even get a massage.  So it turned out to be a business trip with a little bit of pleasure thrown in too :)  And I got to come home to this face!!





Now this week I am recovering from my hectic few weeks (and recovering from a cold I picked up in Atlanta).  The action doesn't stop, as this Friday we're heading back to Barrington, and then up to our future home on Saturday!  We are going to Neenah to house hunt for several days.  Ever since we made our decision to move to Wisconsin last October, I have been so excited for this step.  We have a  realtor who has been giving us listings to look at online since January.  We have our favorites, and hopefully after this trip we'll have a future home!

Here's one last picture of our little froggie after bathtime!


No comments:

Post a Comment