Monday, April 9, 2012

Our future home!

A LOT has happened in the past week with our family! I'll start with some very exciting news... our house hunting trip was successful and we are under contract for a house in Neenah!  I was a little nervous going up with only 4 days allotted to house hunt.  I have heard stories from friends who searched for weeks or months before finding a house, or being involved in bidding wars and losing.  And these were people who were searching in the same town they already lived in!  I convinced myself that "it would just work out" for us... and it did!

Last Sunday, our first full day in Neenah, we saw 8 houses... there were a few solid choices, but none of them felt like "the one."  That night before dinner we decided to take Jack to a park by one of our top choices.  My intention was to walk by one of the houses again and convince myself that that house was the one we would put in an offer the next day.  However, in the twilight we walked past this house, and it caught all of our eyes:


I loved it.  I had seen it online before we left but it was just outside of our price range so it wasn't on the list of houses to look at.  James was really impressed too.  I think he could tell I was frustrated that I wasn't in love with a house we had looked at that day, so he suggested that we call our realtor and look at this house the next day.  Then we'd decide which house to put an offer in on.  I was giddy the rest of the night.  Long story short, I loved the house the minute we walked in the door.  It was "the one"!  But we tried not to get too excited as it was just outside our price range and we'd have to negotiate the price a little.  Which was successful.  We put in an offer Monday afternoon, the sellers countered on Monday night (well within our price range) and we accepted! 

James with our signed contract and Jack with the listing sheet! :)
We got a lot done the next few days.  By Tuesday, our loan application was pre-approved.  Our realtor arranged the house inspection for Tuesday afternoon so we could be present.  The inspection went great, no huge problems and the sellers agreed to fix everything we asked them to.  By the time we left Wisconsin on Wednesday we had a loan, a signed contract by both parties, and home inspection complete.  Closing will be May 31st!  

A few stats:
- Address:  2405 Marathon Avenue (we loved the address because James is a marathoner!)  :)
- 4 bedrooms, 2.5 baths
- .8 of a mile from my new clinic
- Close to schools: 4 blocks from the elementary school, 2 miles from the middle school and high school
- Less than a block from a huge park with swing sets, playgrounds, soccer fields, baseball fields, and public tennis courts.  

Here are some pictures of our future home! Enjoy!


Foyer

Formal dining room

Formal living room

Living room with doors to den/office

Den/office/current owners use it as their daughter's playroom

Family room with fireplace

Family room with small bar/with mini fridge

Kitchen

Lots of storage!  (And please excuse the home inspector's stuff)

Back hall with closet, laundry room, door to garage


Bedroom #4

Bedroom #3

Guest bath

Bedroom #2

Master bedroom

James's closet and doors to the master bath (and the owners' kitty)  :)

whirlpool bath! 

My future walk in closet! 


Basement is unfinished but clean and in good shape.  We'll make it what we want someday! 


Yard with lots of trees


Really cute street.  Ahead on the right is the park 

Deck and backyard swing

Jack loves his new house! 

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe it's on Marathon Avenue, that is hilarious.
    It's so perfect! I can't believe you have like, your house, and aren't going to move/have to graduate/have to get to the next level any more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Marathon Avenue too!! Thanks for sharing all the pics :) Can't wait to visit!

    ReplyDelete