What a month of changes and firsts! Obviously, the biggest change this month was that we moved from Iowa to Wisconsin. Jack seems to be loving his new house and his new town. He loves crawling around our house and up the stairs (especially when he’s chasing the cats). We go on walks almost every morning exploring our surrounding neighborhoods, walking to the lake, and walking to find as many red barns in the area as Mommy can find (my favorite!). Jack has been to downtown Neenah a few times with visitors and to visit the farmer’s market. We also joined the Neenah pool, and Jack went for the first time a few days ago. He was a little skeptical of the water at first, but then really liked it and was splashing and smiling. There is a nice shallow kids area that we like to play in.
This past month Jack finally has a tooth coming in!
His front left incisor is coming in the most, but his front right is not too far behind. The neighboring teeth on both sides are really close to breaking through as well. Still no sign of teeth on the bottom coming anytime soon, though!
He’s eating a lot! Anything that is semi-soft or soft, he will bite into. His favorites are bread (he gets whole wheat bread, English muffins, pancakes, tortillas, etc), baked sweet potato cubes, cheese cubes, and fruit. Especially blueberries! When those come out of the fridge he spies them immediately and starts flapping his hands and making excited noises. He’s getting a lot better at feeding himself-- more food is ending up in his mouth than in his highchair or on his bib every day! :)
His sleeping schedule is just... awesome. Since we arrived in Wisconsin he’s been sleeping 12 hours a night in his crib. And the past 3 nights he’s slept 14 hours! When he hits 14 hours I actually go wake him up. I know rule #1 of parenting is “never wake a sleeping baby” but I don’t want him to totally get off his schedule! He will sometimes take an hour nap in the morning, and then a 2-3 hour nap in the afternoon. What a sleeper! We think maybe it’s the teething or a growth spurt or just being active and outside during the day. Or maybe he just likes to sleep a lot like his dad :) Who knows?
Jack is on the move! He crawls (fast!) everywhere, I can’t take my eyes off of him for very long. He is also cruising on furniture and toys, can push toys on wheels and walk behind them, and even stand on his own for a few seconds. Maybe he’ll be walking by his first birthday? He is very close!
| Crawling up the stairs, his favorite! |
My favorite new trick of his is when you say “How big is the baby?” He responds by raising up his arms!
Grandma Kane taught him this when she was watching him for us during our trip to Mexico. We are trying to teach him to blow kisses, and he’s done it about 1/3 of the time. The other times he just puts his hand on his ear... (??) He still waves, and can give high fives (more like he’ll pat you on your hand, but close!)
He says “Dada” all the time! James loves it. I think “dada” is his generic word for “look at this!” because he’ll say “Dada” and point to whatever he is interested in. But, when James walks in the room Jack definitely looks at him and says “Dada!”. I can’t wait for him to say Mama, I am trying to teach him every day!
I can’t believe next month he will be ONE YEAR old! We are so lucky to have this precious baby in our lives, we love him so much!
Today I am... 11 months old!
Recent Milestones
New Things I Can Do: stand by myself, climb stairs, "How big is the baby?"
Favorite Things: the cats, maraca and drum instruments, push toy dinosaur, stairs, blueberries
Places I Went: moved to Wisconsin, spent a week at my Grandmas' houses






No comments:
Post a Comment