Saturday, July 14, 2012

July So Far

July is already almost halfway over, I can't believe it!  Even though we are both not working, we are keeping busy.  First, Aunt Colleen came to visit one weekend at the end of June.  Jack was so excited!




We showed Colleen around Neenah, went to the Neenah Farmer's Market, and ate at the ice cream shop downtown (big mistake... it was so delicious!  Now I want their ice cream every day!). We also just relaxed around the house, went for walks with Jack, and had a fire in our fire pit almost every night.  (One of the first things James did when he started working on the landscape was build a little firepit in our backyard.  I agreed to the placement of the firepit on the condition that we would always have s'mores ingredients on hand).

Next, it was the 4th of July.  The 4th is really big around Neenah, there is an event they call "Communityfest" at a big park down on the waterfront, Riverside Park.  Events start on July 3rd with a parade of lights (parade with lit up cars, floats, etc), a "pajama party" for the kids, and I think a parade of lighted boats in the river as well.  Well, all of these events start at dusk and Jack goes to bed at 7:30 when it's still a little light out, so we missed these events this year.  Next year!  On the 4th, there is entertainment on a stage all day, tons of food stands lining the park walkways, lots of carnival games and bouncy houses, etc. for kids to play in.  We went down and checked it out for about 2 hours.  It will be great when Jack is a few years older, however at his age there wasn't too much for him to do besides watch the action from his stroller.  Also, it was in the mid 90's by late morning so we were all so hot! We walked around to check everything out and ate lunch before taking Jack home.

Chcking out the fountain at Riverside Park 




Happy 4th of July!
The next weekend, Grandma Kane came to visit!  It was also our anniversary, so she happily provided free babysitting for us so we could have our first date night in Wisconsin! We went out to a delicious Italian bistro in Appleton and saw the Spiderman Movie.  Quite a romantic night :)


Married 6 years!  7/7/12
The next day, Aunt Laura and cousin George came up for a night to visit and see the new house!  It is so cute watching the boys play together.  They are 17 months apart, and each time they visit it seems like the age gap closes more and more.  We went to the ice cream shop (duh!) and played at the playground at Riverside Park.  Thanks for visiting Grandma Kane, Aunt Laura, and George!




James rode the boys downtown on his bike 
This weekend, James is participating in his first Half Ironman race in Racine, WI!  He's done marathons (26.2 mile run), he's done triathlons (1 mile swim, 25 mile bike, 10k run), but this is his first Half Ironman.  The distances are: 1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike, and then 13.1 mile run (a half marathon!).  He's ready, I am so nervous.  I am always more nervous than he is, and he always does fine!

I have one more month of "vacation" before I start work.  I drove by clinic the other day.. and saw this! (I almost drove off the road!)


It's official!  My name is on the sign!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment