Monday, October 1, 2012

Jack: 14 Months

Even though Jack is a big 1 year old now and I'm not doing the monthly pictures and updates, I don't want to forget to document how he is growing.  So here's a 14 month update on the little man!


At his 12 month appointment (more like 13 months actually by the time we scheduled his appointment with his new doctor) he weighed 23 lbs 8 oz (60th percentile) and was 33 inches tall (90th percentile).

One of my concerns at his doctor's appointment was that he still didn't have any bottom teeth.  If Jack was one of my own patients, I would tell his parent that is normal and that teeth come in at all different times.  But when it's my own baby... I am just a typical paranoid parent I guess :)  We got reassurance (like I thought we would) and literally the next day the bottom teeth started to break through!  So now he has 4 top and 2 bottom teeth.  We didn't have too much trouble with the top teeth coming in, but I think these bottom ones hurt him because he has woken up in the night crying a few times.  But nothing that some hugs and Tylenol doesn't fix!

Speaking of sleep, Jack is just an awesome sleeper!  He'll sleep 12-14 hours a night and take 3-4 hour naps during the day.  And when he wakes up he just sits and talks to his stuffed animals until we come to get him.  We are so spoiled with him... I hope the next one is just as good a sleeper as Jack is!

Jack and his best friend, Wrigley
Jack goes to daycare 3 days a week and has a great time.  He does an art project every day, there is story time, he plays on the playground and in the gym, they sing songs, and he plays with the other one year olds.  I think the socialization is great for him. He comes home exhausted and we can barely keep him awake through dinner. All his art projects are starting to hang in the hallways, and I can't wait to take them home!  The cutest one so far is a fall tree where the "leaves" are Jack's thumbprints.  There is also a "chef" at daycare who makes every meal and the food is all organic.  According to his reports, Jack eats all of every meal (definitely his daddy's son!)  Mondays are my day off, so I watch Jack all day.  We typically do boring things like run errands.  Jack is a great shopper, but he has about a 2 hour time limit before he starts to get antsy.  Thursdays James does not have class, so he watches Jack during the day.


He is walking everywhere now and is much steadier on his feet.  He loves being outside and exploring.  We have lots of hickory nuts that are falling off our trees now, and he loves to walk around and pick them up and present them to us.  At least they are not all going directly into his mouth like they did a few months ago.


He is chatting a lot in his own language (lots of baby talk gibberish) and has started saying ball (or "ba"). EVERYTHING he points to is "Dada".  Especially the real "Dada", Jack will point to him and exclaim "Dada!" when he walks in the room.  Come on, can I get a "mama" please?? :)  I have heard "Mama" a few times... as he was crying.  So I am not counting it yet :) He blows kisses, leans in when you say "can I have a kiss?" and when you ask him "How does a piggy go?" he scrunches his face and snorts.  Sometimes he'll say "moo" when you ask him how a cow goes, but that is not a definite response yet. He waves to everyone when we are out in public.  When we're grocery shopping, shopping at the mall, at the doctor's office... he will just smile and wave.  Our little social butterfly!

He got his first haircut in a salon last week... and looks like such a little man (and so much like James)! He did pretty well.  He didn't really like the sound of the electric clippers by his ears and kept looking around at all the action (and waving to the other customers).  But it was a successful haircut overall!

After his haircut... waving, of course! 
Today was our day together, and we spent time outside enjoying the fall weather.  Jack loved walking around, riding his dinosaur toy on the driveway, presenting me with leaves and hickory nuts, pointing at the mums on the porch, and pointing out squirrels.  He is growing up fast, but is still my little baby boy!  We love him so much!






No comments:

Post a Comment