Monday, December 10, 2012

Baby Kane #2 at 27 Weeks

I have been meaning to post a Baby update for awhile now!  I can't believe we are already almost 27 weeks along with our second little bundle... the time has gone by so fast!

14 Weeks in September

The second pregnancy is definitely different than the first!  While I do mention to James what the "fruit or veggie" size is every week, there are not weekly pictures this time (sorry Baby!).  We are definitely more relaxed and planning less with this one, probably because we know what to expect this time around.  And Jack, work, and school are keeping us busy!

17 weeks: September 26th


I am feeling pretty good this pregnancy.  For the most part, Jack's pregnancy was a breeze (until those difficult final weeks when I went overdue and it was 96 degrees outside!) and I loved every minute of being pregnant.  With this pregnancy, I started getting round ligament pains earlier, maybe around 20 weeks.  With Jack, those did not start until at least 36 weeks.  And my low back started to hurt sooner as well, maybe around the same time.  One thing that is different with this pregnancy is that I am much more emotional!  I cry at EVERYTHING... the most recent culprit is all the commercials for the Les Miserables movie.  I am very excited for it, yes, but seriously-- whenever the music starts on those previews I just tear up right away.  And anything else-- commercials with moms and babies, tv shows that are slightly sad, books, you name it.  And sometimes I cry just looking at Jack thinking how big he's getting.  It's ridiculous, I am typically not a "crier" at anything!  Maybe that means it's a girl :)

19 weeks in St. Louis October 21st
Anyways, health-wise I am doing great.  Things are boring, and boring is good!  My blood pressure is great (with Jack it was always borderline high), I've gained less weight, (only 11 pounds at the last visit) and so far no feet swelling.  Maybe that has something to do with the fact that I'm only working 4 days a week in clinic this time around rather than running around on my feet all day, working 30 hour call shifts every other week or so, and dealing with the stress of being chief resident!



We debated trying to teach Jack that the "baby is in Mama's belly"... but we are also trying to teach him "belly button" along with other body parts and don't want to confuse him.  For now, he loves to point at my belly button (which is flattening out pretty quickly, haha).  He can also say "baby" and point out babies in books and magazines.  But overall... we are pretty sure he has no idea what's coming in March!  :)

Profile at the 20 week ultrasound! 
 I started feeling movement around 18 weeks, earlier than with Jack.  The first "official" kick came at 20 weeks on the button.  I think James was able to feel kicks pretty soon after that as well.  Baby is most active at night after dinner and Jack's bedtime when I finally get to sit down.  Also, Baby is pretty active when I lay down for bed at night.  Maybe s/he just likes when I finally get to relax!

21 weeks on Halloween (pumpkin was not the fruit of the week, but it worked)  :) 
Picking out a name has been more fun this time around.  With Jack, we had our boy and girl names already picked out so there wasn't any real discussion except on the middle names (I think we picked out our boy and girl names when we were still in college or something... seems like we've had those names forever!)  This time, we're keeping the girl name that we had for Jack.  However, deciding on a boy name has been more difficult.  We each have our favorites (of course they are not the same) and we are down to a top 2 or 3 for boys names.  Still to be determined!  James thinks it's a boy this time, and I think it's a girl.  We will see on Baby's birthday!  Either way, we will be so excited for Jack's little sibling!


25 weeks: November 28th
We are looking forward to enjoying our first Christmas in our new home, then I'm sure I'll get into "baby mode" after that!  We can't wait to meet another little Kane... however time can slow down a little bit so I can get everything done that I need to before Baby arrives :) Stay comfy in there, little one!


Add caption
The Kane Family... soon to be a party of four!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the great story line! I love hearing your stories. And all the pregnancies are just different; the same, but different! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete