After a weekend of lots of mall walking and nesting, by March 18th I was still pregnant and sooo ready to have this baby! We received a call that a spot had opened up the next day for a scheduled induction at the hospital, and James and I decided to take it. Being induced again was not my ideal scenario (I'm still hoping for that "go in to labor" experience-- I guess my body just likes to hang onto babies!), but by 41 weeks of pregnancy I was physically and mentally ready to have the baby and wanted to avoid consequences that can come with a post-dates baby. So I was comfortable with our decision.
Because we knew we'd be having a baby the next day, everyone relaxed a little. I took a nice long nap, we finished packing our hospital bag, and then James and I had one last date night before Baby came at our favorite Italian restaurant. We had a great night and actually finalized our boy name which we were still undecided on until then (good thing we did!)
| Last pictures as a family of 3! |
![]() |
| Add caption |
Compared to Jack's induction, this went very well for me! James and I walked the hallways while the contractions started and intensified, my OB broke my water around lunchtime, and around 6:30 we were ready to start pushing. I think I only pushed for about 20 minutes and then my doctor let James announce to me "It's a boy!" Brady Bruce Kane arrived at 7:01 pm weighing 8 lbs and 21.5 inches long!
He looks a lot like Jack did when he was born, but has his own features too. He has dark blonde hair and blue eyes. After he was born, they placed him on my chest and I couldn't believe I had another son! He is just perfect. We are so excited for Jack to have a little brother!
We picked the name Brady because it was an Irish name that we liked. The name Bruce is after James's Uncle Bruce who is a very important figure in James's life (and a pretty awesome guy!).
We love you Brady Bruce! Welcome to our family!








No comments:
Post a Comment