On June 21st, I turned thirty! Now I'm as old as this old guy here:
It was a good day! I had to work, but left a few hours early. My sister Colleen and her (my) friend Abby came up to visit for the weekend.
For my birthday dinner, James cooked a delicious scallop and shrimp meal on the grill. We also had a Coldstone chocolate ice cream cake, my favorite!
We spent a few quality hours with the little men, and then when they went to bed we had an adult bonfire by the fire pit in the backyard. Colleen and Abby helped us with the wine overstock we had in our basement from my pregnancy months :)
I thought turning thirty would make me feel really "old"... but really it didn't bother me! I accomplished a lot in my twenties-- college, marriage, medical school, residency, homeowner, two boys... maybe I should slow down a little in my thirties!




No comments:
Post a Comment