Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Brady: 4 Months Old!

Brady is 4 months old!



He's at a really fun age.  He is very alert and likes to watch what is going on.  He loves to sit and watch Jack play with his toys.  One of the only times he'll cry out of protest is if he's not in the same room with us (like if he's in his swing in the family room and we are all in the kitchen).  Once he's relocated and can watch what we are doing, he's back to his happy self.  His smiles are becoming so big and his laughs are more frequent. James can start tickling him and the baby laughs he gives us are the greatest.  He's started "talking" to his more and more too with louder and stronger cooing sounds when he's happy.  He's such a happy baby!



He's allllllmost rolling over.  He'll roll to his side and just stay there, not making the final push.  He'll tolerate "tummy time" for about 5 minutes, then he's done with it.  His head control is getting much better: he can sit in his Bumbo for awhile or we can hold him without having to support his head much.  He's starting to grab at things (like Mommy's hair) and put things in his mouth (like Mommy's hair... and his fingers) :)  Other things he enjoys grabbing are his little rattles and toys.

Big brother sharing his toys


Brother tummy time
He's still napping frequently throughout the day and there's really no set "naptime"... just whenever he's in his swing for a long period of time or if I rock him for awhile then put him in his crib he'll give me an hour or so.  He's usually going to bed around 8-9 and waking up between 4-6 to eat.  More recently it's been more frequently closer to 6, so Mommy has been happy about the extra sleep!






He is still growing so fast!  He's growing out of his 6 month clothes, mostly in either "big" 6 month, 6-9 month, 6-12 month, or 9 month clothes.  He only wore his 6-12 month jeans for about 2 weeks... then I couldn't fit them over his big thighs and the top button would not button over his belly! So I pulled out Jack's old 12-18 month jeans... which I swear Jack was JUST wearing (seriously... it was this time last year!).  The fun thing about two boys is definitely being able to re-wear the clothes.  Jack had a lot of cute outfits that he only wore a few times that I can put Brady in now as well.

Dr. Brady! 



Doctor stats from his 4 month visit:
Height: 28 inches ( over 100th percentile... like way over the curve.  Who is this tall baby?)
Weight: 18 lbs 8.3 oz (90th percentile)


Brady at the pool! He likes to dip his feet in.
 I finally got around to taking pictures of Brady's room.  It's not "finished" (is any room ever "finished"?) but it's close.  He has the Peter Rabbit bedding we used for Jack, and on the shelves are some of my Beatrix Potter figurines from when I was a little girl.  There's Peter Rabbit, Peter's mother, Benjamin Bunny, and Jemima Puddleduck, and Tom Kitten.  I still want to change the light fixture and get a bookcase for Brady's books and "treasures"... otherwise I'm pretty happy with it so far!




Recent Milestones
New Things I can Do:  Sleep 9-10 hours, smile big, laugh, sit in my Bumbo

Favorite Things: Swing, pacifier, giraffe rattle, watching brother play, tickles from Dada, and Mommy :) 

Places I Went: Barrington for my baptism, Door County

Special Events and Holidays: Mommy's birthday, my baptism, 4th of July

More pictures of our 4 month old!









No comments:

Post a Comment