Sunday, August 11, 2013

Jack is 2 years old!


Our first baby boy is two years old!



Jack is so fun and learning so many new things every day.  His vocabulary continues to grow so fast!  Some of my most recent favorite new phrases include:  "Come on Mommy, let's go!", "Oh my goodness!", "I'm two!, and my favorite... "Jack tired."  :)  "No" is also a more frequent word used in this 2 year old's vocabulary as well...most of the time before he even knows what he's saying "no" to.  He can sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, sing the Itsy Bitsy Spider ("sing" is a term I use loosely here... maybe James and I can understand the words better than most but I think it's still impressive!), he sings "No more monkeys jumping on the bed!", he knows most of the ABC's (can sing the whole alphabet with a little prompting in some places) and can count 1-10.  He loves to point out what's "Mommy's", "Daddy's", and "Brady's".  Mommy's shoes, Daddy's shirt, Brady's blanket, etc.  If you leave your shoes out, he will definitely try them on and try to walk around in them.  One time I found him in my heels from work... Daddy was not a fan of that but I thought it was really funny.  He likes to run around the house yelling "I'm running!"  and chase us saying, "I'm gonna get you!"  




His favorite things right now are Mickey Mouse and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Spiderman, reading books, playing with his baseball/football/soccer ball.  He watched the movie Wreck It Ralph about a month or two ago and it's his current favorite as well!  He walks around the house yelling "I'm gonna wreck it!"  and he'll punch the ground, couch, table, and even people (we are working on not "wrecking people") wreck-it-Ralph style.


Jack stopping in the middle of the zoo to punch the ground and "wreck it"

He's usually pretty good natured, unless he's asking to watch TV and we say no.  He usually wakes up saying "Watch Mickey Mouse?  Watch Wreck it Ralph?" and when we say no, tears usually come for about 20 seconds. 

His favorite stuffed animal is Lion, a stuffed animal lion I bought him at the MGM Grand hotel in Las Vegas last fall.  I love checking on him after he goes to bed and seeing him sleeping with his arm around Lion.  



Speaking of sleeping, we transitioned to the "big boy bed" at about 22 months.  He "helped" James bring his crib into Brady's room saying, "Bye bye bed."  This Mommy was close to tears hearing my first baby say that!  



James's college blanket that is now Jack's! 

His favorite foods are pancakes, fruits (bananas, any berries, kiwi, grapes), cheese, crackers, noodles, peas, and PB&J sandwiches.  He used to be such a great eater, but now he's more picky, which has been frustrating.  But recently he's tried more new foods so maybe we are on the upswing.
After one exhausting lunch
He loves going to the park and can climb just about anything!  He loves slides, but doesn't last too long in swings before he's "all done."






At his 2 year docotor visit he weighed 26.5 lbs and was 34 inches tall.

Jack is growing so fast before our eyes!  He's such a fun boy to be around and such a great big brother! We love you, Jack! 















No comments:

Post a Comment