How your baby's growing:
Your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. He's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel — the length of a banana. (For the first 20 weeks, when a baby's legs are curled up against his torso and hard to measure,measurements are taken from the top of his head to his bottom — the "crown to rump" measurement. After 20 weeks, he's measured from head to toe.) He's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for his digestive system.
That last part is definitely true-- we watched Baby swallow a lot last week when s/he was sucking her/his thumb! That has been my absolute favorite memory of the pregnancy so far... well maybe its tied with seeing/hearing the heartbeat on ultrasound for the first time.
Yesterday we celebrated James' 28th birthday! I'm nice and kept telling him how old he was :) We were remembering 10 years ago when we first celebrated his birthday together. We went bowling and our names on the screen were "Mr. 18" and "Mrs. 18". So I was also calling myself "Mrs. 28" last night. It was a pretty low key celebration (just what James wanted). I made him his favorite dinner and Hawaiian wedding cake (a pineapple/coconut cake with cream cheese frosting) for his birthday cake. I got him a new iPod Nano to use during his running/biking training which he loved and then spent the rest of the night making his playlist. I'm glad he liked it!
| Mr. and Mrs. 28 at 20 weeks |
| Happy Birthday James! (Maybe the "2" from last year's cake and the "8" I bought for this year didn't match... whoops) :) |

You are so cute!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see you all SOON!!
You'll have to teach me how to read an ultrasound. I can't make head nor tails out of it! So glad you are making such great progress. You and your Mom got A LOT accomplished that weekend! And your cake looked yummy. Hope to see you soon!
ReplyDeleteLove, AM
OK--I am not trying to be incognito but hey! Talk about a weird title they gave me!
ReplyDeleteJames---happy birthday again! Looks like Megan took good care of papa-to-be!
AM