Sunday, March 20, 2011

21 Weeks



This week I can definitely say I've felt the baby move! Like everyone told me would happen, those little flutters and waves in there that I wasn't sure about have developed into little nudges and taps once in while that I know must be the baby. Exciting!

The past few weeks I've really been craving fruit. And pancakes. Which is new because I've never liked a lot of pancakes-- just my mom's Swedish pancakes. And Al Johnson's swedish pancakes in Door County.... When James isn't home for dinner (and sometimes when he is! He eats them or makes himself something else) I make pancakes for dinner with blueberries and bananas, strawberries and bananas, or my fave-- strawberries, bananas, and chocolate chips! Mmmm. I've also gotten into smoothies and I made some whole wheat blueberry, raspberry, and banana muffins yesterday. I somehow came across this food blog that I am loving-- For the Love of Cooking. This blog has helped make my carb overload cravings a little more healthy, as she has plenty of recipes for pancakes and muffins made with whole wheat flour and fat free vanilla yogurt instead of lots of butter and oil. And they taste delicious!

Here's a basic recipe from this website that I've been working off of and I just change which fruit I add depending on what I have:




Banana, Blueberry, and Strawberry Pancakes

  • 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour
  • 1/2 cup of flour
  • 1 tbsp of sugar
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • 3/4 cup vanilla low fat yogurt
  • 2 tbsp butter, melted
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
  • 1 large banana, smashed
  • 2-3 strawberries, diced
  • 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
Combine the flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl, stirring well to combine. In another bowl, combine the yogurt, butter, eggs, banana and vanilla together until creamy and well combined. Add the flour mixture to the yogurt mixture, stirring until smooth.
Pour 1/4 cup of batter per pancake onto a hot nonstick griddle or skillet then carefully place blueberries and strawberries on each pancake. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked. Carefully turn pancakes over; cook 2 more minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Top with fresh blueberries and strawberries and drizzle with maple syrup.


Maybe it's supposed to serve 4? But I usually eat half the batch and freeze the rest... :)

Okay, here's the bump picture for the week! I feel like a carrot is a step back in size from last week's banana? But it's going by the length, not the diameter I guess.



How Your Baby is Growing: 
Your baby now weighs about three-quarters of a pound and is approximately 10 1/2 inches long — the length of a carrot. You may soon feel like she's practicing martial arts as her initial fluttering movements turn into full-fledged kicks and nudges. You may also discover a pattern to her activity as you get to know her better. In other developments, your baby's eyebrows and lids are present now.

No comments:

Post a Comment