Otherwise, things are going well. The baby is moving more and more, and the other night James was able to feel lots of kicks. I get surprised sometimes when I look at myself in the mirror, I feel like every day I'm getting bigger and bigger!
Amy was in town for a visit yesterday (she had to take care of some Des Moines University business) so we took her out to one of our favorite Thai restaurants we used to eat at when she lived in Des Moines. I coughed through the majority of our evening together, but it was great to see her again so close to our previous weekend visit! Just like old times when she lived here. And she took the bump picture of the week for me, here it is!
![]() |
| Then Wrigley got curious... :) |
How your baby's growing:
Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.


I think I recognize that shirt! ;)
ReplyDeleteMaggie and your mom are sick too! :( Bummer!! It must be our gorgeous weather sending all of you northerners' immune systems haywire.
Cute shirt huh? :) Basically I've worn your clothes all week!
ReplyDeleteYeah Brendan was sick with a cough, too.
ReplyDeleteThai was delicious!
Are you better yet?