Thursday, April 14, 2011

25 Weeks

This week we started to really think about the nursery for Baby Kane.  We're only going to be in this apartment until I graduate residency in June 2012 (a little less than a year after baby comes) and we move to ... (wherever I find a job I love, hopefully closer to our families) and (finally) buy our first house!  Even so, I still want to make the nursery look nice while we are still here.  We've decided to just buy a crib and a combo changing table/dresser for now.  We bought the crib last weekend and just have to wait a few weeks for it to be delivered!  I love it.  It also turns into a toddler bed and a daybed.  Here it is: 

Then we had to pick out bedding.  After looking through a few stores, I had thought that we'd go with the baby jungle animal theme as that's easy to keep gender neutral and I loved the baby elephants and baby giraffes.  However, when we walked into Pottery Barn Kids we saw a Peter Rabbit bedding set.  James got this little-kid look on his face and said, "I loved Peter Rabbit when I was little!"  And so did I!  The bedding was so cute and sweet, as well as being gender neutral, so we were definitely sold!  James got ahold of the scanner and  then proceeded to scan every Peter Rabbit thing he could find in the store :)  I think he had more fun than I did registering for nursery things!  Here's a picture what the bedding looks like:




After registering, we had a really nice date night dinner at Cucina Bravo.  We ate waay too much but it was so delicious!  It's really nice to spend quality time with James enjoying just the two of us, but also planning for and discussing our exciting little addition to come soon!  Here's the bump picture for 25 weeks:



How your baby's growing

Head to heels, your baby now measures about 13 1/2 inches. Her weight — a pound and a half — isn't much more than an average rutabaga, but she's beginning to exchange her long, lean look for some baby fat. As she does, her wrinkled skin will begin to smooth out and she'll start to look more and more like a newborn. She's also growing more hair — and if you could see it, you'd now be able to discern its color and texture.

No comments:

Post a Comment