Thursday, June 23, 2011

First Day of Summer

The first day of summer is also my birthday!  (As I constantly remind people.  It's also the longest day of the year, if you haven't heard me say that one yet).  Or as James says "it's the LONGEST day of the  year".  :) I always loved having a summer birthday because growing up I never was in school and it was an all-day celebration for me.  And since I was in school FOREVER I usually always had my birthday off for summer breaks up until recently.  Since I started my first "real" job as a resident I've had to work the past 2 birthdays and save the celebrating until after work.  I guess we all have to grow up sometime!  I'm excited that Baby Kane will have a summer birthday too and will get to experience all day celebrations like I was able to.

I had such a great 28th birthday this year.  As usual, James spoiled me way too much!  We went out to dinner at my favorite Thai restaurant after work.  


With our "boys" in the window 
Then when we got home, SURPRISE!  James had arranged for some of our closest Broadlawns friends to be waiting to surprise me with a chocolate Coldstone ice cream cake!  


My present from James was just unbelievable. I opened this up...


At first I was a little confused but then James explained that this toy SUV was a representation of my real present... a new car!  He was going to just go ahead and buy it and give it to me on my birthday, however he thought I'd want a say in the color, features, etc.  (He was right).  So last night we went and picked out a brand new Toyota Highlander.  Plenty of room for baby!  What an awesome birthday present for me and a "birth day" present for Baby Kane.  Now I'm all set to be a mom... I've got the Mom car!  And I'm totally spoiled by my husband!  I love you James Kane!  Thanks for a great birthday!

My new ride! 

No comments:

Post a Comment