Saturday, November 5, 2011

3 Months

Jack turned 3 months old this week!  The biggest thing I've noticed in the past month is that we're getting to a state of "normalcy."  That newborn period of up every 2 hours and being constantly exhausted is over thank goodness.  Jack is just a part of our lives and everyday routine now!  (And now we're only semi-exhausted)  :)  I don't know if he's easier to manage or I have gained more confidence as a mom, but it's a lot easier to take him on errands and go out in public with him by myself.  Jack and I have been to the grocery store, Target, the mall, and out to eat and he's just content as can be in his carseat watching what's going on or napping (for a few hours at least).

James brought him by clinic after I was through seeing patients last week and we weighed him-- 14 lbs 2 ounces!  He's getting so big!  I've been putting away all his 0-3 month clothes and some 3 month outfits recently.  Now he's in at least 3 month clothes, but mostly 3-6 months.  He's nursing every 3-4 hours, which has made my life SO much easier having that extra hour or two between feedings than before when it was every 2 hours.

Being a working mom is going well.  Definitely a lot easier once I got into a routine.  Jack is in daycare 4 days a week and James watches him the other day.  I had to go to back to work at 4 weeks (waaaayy too early) and I'm excited for my full 3 months paid maternity leave I'll get with my new job for the next baby.  I can't believe I'd just be going back to work now if I got all that time off!  We've made it work though.

The back of these Camera Cards I use each month for his pictures have areas to fill in "Recent Milestones" so I decided to include those on the blog too.

Today I am... 3 months old!  Recent Milestones
New Things I can Do:  Big smiles, more talkative, sleeping 6-7 hours at a time!  (Most nights) 

Favorite Things: My hands and feet, my swing, my bouncer

Places I Went: The Pumpkin Farm, Nick and Jen's wedding, my first Halloween Parties, the mall (probably more times than Dad would like)  :)

Special Events and Holidays: Halloween!  Mom and Dad also decided where we'll be moving to in June and where I'll be growing up (a pretty special event, I think!)

3 Month Pictures!

First try at the pictures... we needed a nap! 


After a nap... much better! 




Continued 3 month photo shoot with my little man...




I love sucking my hands! 

I kind of hate "tummy time"... but am tolerating it more


Getting tired from all the modeling...

Time for another nap on Mommy! 


Next month we'll have celebrated Jack's first Thanksgiving and will be getting ready for his first Christmas!  This time last year I had just found out I was pregnant.  Time is flying by!


2 comments:

  1. I love how you're documenting all of this. I wish I would have done that with Aves. He is so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jack,
    I want to visit. I miss your smiles and how heavy you get when you pass out in my arms!
    Love,
    "Aunt" Maggie and "Uncle" Brett

    ReplyDelete