Life is pretty routine right now, just the way I like it. Jack has been sleeping 7-8 hours straight at night. A typical day for us starts at 5 or 5:30 am when I wake up to the sounds of Jack cooing to himself in his crib. My most favorite part of the day is when I walk into his room and he looks up at me and smiles! We talk for a little bit, then I get him up to feed him. We have some snuggle time, and then it's time for me to get ready for work so I'll put him in his swing. He likes to watch the lights of the TV so either that will keep him occupied or he'll fall asleep again. (The baby swing is the best thing ever invented... Jack loves his!)
 |
| Time to wake up! |
 |
| I love my feet! |
After work I pick him up from daycare and we have playtime at night. We've been working on "tummy time" and in the last 2 weeks Jack has really started to progress-- he's lifting his head and pushing his upper body up. (Previously he would just cry and grind his face into the ground.) Last Saturday Jack actually rolled from his front to back, twice in a row! He hasn't done it much since, but that is a start! He's really close to rolling from back to front... he'll lift his legs up, roll onto his side, but then correct himself. I bet he'll make that roll soon as well.
 |
| Loving tummy time! |
Jack also loves bathtime. He's so sweet during his bath and loves getting lotioned up afterwards. I love massaging his little arms, legs, hands and feet and watching him smile at me. He's just so precious!
 |
| Pictures after bathtime |
 |
| Hanging out with brother Bailey |
Today we took Jack's 3 month pictures and had a family photo shoot at Gray's Lake, one of our favorite places in Des Moines. I can't wait to see the pictures! Life has just been moving right along! I can't believe the holiday season is almost here. I'm excited to spend our first holidays as a family of three!
No comments:
Post a Comment