Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving

This year we stayed in Des Moines for Thanksgiving and hosted James's mom, sister, her husband Colin, and their son George.  It was a great time!  There was no rushing from place to place and we were all able to relax.  Well... when we weren't playing with Jack and chasing George around!  The menu included turkey (my 2nd year making a turkey... I'm a pro now!), stuffing, green bean casserole, crazy corn casserole (my mom's famous recipe), crockpot cheesy potatoes, cranberry sauce, and homemade apple and cocoa cream pies.  Of course we all ate too much but it was delicious!  I missed my family back in Barrington, but we are headed back for Christmas so I'm excited to see them then.

George is growing so fast and was so fun!  He is 20 months and is running around everywhere and talking up a storm.  He could say James (or Jim mostly), Megan, Jack (but mostly Jack was "baby"), meow meows (the cats), and Grandma.  Whenever they were not at our apartment and back at the hotel, I guess he asked for "Megan" a lot :)  I rubbed that in James's face... until we were informed that back in Barrington at Thanksgiving the first thing my niece Annette asked when she walked in the house was "Where's Uncle James?".  So I guess we are even :)

Today I'm going to try to pack up our fall decorations and get the tree up.  James works today but he's home tonight and hopefully we can decorate it together!  I'm not sure I'm going to go all out decorating for Christmas this year... it's our last Christmas in this apartment and the first year with the baby... the thought of getting everything out, setting it up, and then packing it all up again sounds a little exhausting.  We'll start with the tree and then go from there.  I can't wait to see what Jack thinks of the lights on the tree!

The weather was gorgeous (63 and sunny!) so we were able to take some great family pictures in the backyard.  Here's a few snapshots of the Kane Family Thanksgiving!


The Gruenwalds



Grandma and her grandsons!

The Kanes

Storytime with Aunt Laura




Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. So sweet!! The afternoon lighting was perfect for your pics. You're looking so beautiful, mama!

    ReplyDelete