What a month it's been! We started off April up in Wisconsin house hunting, and in the last month everything has fallen into place. Our mortgage was officially approved and a closing date set (May 31st!). Jack can't wait to move into his new house :)
Jack has grown so much this month. He has been rolling for awhile, and because he could get around that way I don't think he was too interested in crawling. However, he started off the month by getting on all fours and rocking back and forth, then about 10 days ago he started army crawling, and now he is crawling on all fours. He has also recently started pulling himself up to his feet. Diaper changing has become a challenge/wrestling match to pin the little man down. He's a lot more vocal and babbles a lot. Sometimes we think he knows what "mama" and "dada" mean, because he'll look at us and say it on his own or repeat after us... but then other times he looks at us like we are aliens when we try to get him to talk. He definitely says "dada" more (I make sure to remind James that's because it's just easier to say) :). We're trying to teach him how to wave and he does it about half the time. He's feeding himself baby puffs and drinking from a sippy cup, along with his pureed fruits and vegetables. Still no teeth yet!
Jack's favorite discovery since he started crawling is the cat food. He'll crawl past piles of his toys to get into it. He picks up the bowls, turns them upside down, squeals with delight and then tries to eat the kernels. We have bought a baby gate, we really need to get it up!
| Look who's coming around the corner! |
| Look what I got! |
Speaking of the cats, they are really good with the little crawler! He squeals with delight when he sees them walk into the room. If he can get over to either of them before they escape his clutches he'll usually grab their fur and hold on tight. Bailey and Wrigley are so good, they just lay there limp until James or I rescue them. Slowly the cats are learning to avoid him though! Maybe one day they will cuddle!
We had his 9 month appointment last week and his stats are:
Weight: 20 lbs, 11 oz (just above 50%)
Height: 28 1/2 inches (just above 50%)
He's meeting all his milestones and Dr. Severidt has no concerns. His doctor mama agrees, he's just perfect! :) On a sad note, that was our last visit with Dr. Severidt because when Jack has his one year checkup we'll be in Wisconsin. Dr. Severidt took care of me during my pregnancy and labor/delivery and has been Jack's doctor since birth. He is just the best and we'll miss him!
Today I am... 9 months old!
Recent Milestones
New Things I Can Do: Crawl! Pull up, feed myself puffs, hold and drink from a sippy cup.
Favorite Things: bathtime, light up toys to chew, board books, the cats and their food
Places I Went: Jacksonville, IL to visit my great-grandparents and Barrington for Aunt Amy's bridal shower





I kind-of-remember thinking dog food was nuts and trying a piece before realizing my horrible mistake when I was... I don't remember what age maybe end of toddler.
ReplyDelete