Monday, September 30, 2013

Jack at 26 Months

26 months is a random time for an update... but I feel like Jack is growing so fast and I want to keep track of what he's doing!  He cracks us up every day.  Here's some of my favorite quotes recently.

In the "mimicking his parents" category:
"Go ahead Mommy, try it."  (as he holds out whatever he's eating)
Then: "Do you like it?"
"How was your day, Mommy?"
"Let's count together."
"I don't know, Mommy."
"What color is this, Mommy?"
"What's that?"
- If I answer any of the above 2 questions, he nods and says "yep" or "That's right, Mommy".
The other day I asked him why he was jumping on the couch and he said, "Be-cause."




He says, "Jack's turn?" if he wants to do something.
He knows the cats by name-- can point out "Bayey" and "Wiggly".

He can sing:
Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Itsy Bitsy Spider, ABCs, Pat a Cake, Wheels on the Bus, No More Monkeys Jumping on the Bed, and count to 10.



To the Grandmas and Great-Grandmas that read this blog: whenever Jack get on a fake phone he says, "Grandma?"  or "G-Gma?"  You ladies are his first calls he makes!  :)

He loves his sports!  He likes to kick around a soccer ball and throw his tennis/baseballs/basketballs around.  He says, "Go Cubs!", "Go Blackhawks!" and "Go Bears!" whenever he sees the mascots. On the weekends when James says, "Ok Jack we're going to watch football today" Jack walks around chanting, "Watch football?  Watch football?" and will even hand you the remote to turn on the tv.

At a Wisconsin Timber Rattler's game (Single A baseball in Appleton)

One of the most frustrating/cute things he does is go into my closet and walk out wearing my shoes.  He'll walk out in my flip flops, flats, boots, or even heels!  Usually when I'm feeding Brady and Jack's loose, he'll walk into Brady's room announcing: "Jack's shoes. "  (Then after the moment's over I have shoes littered from my closet all around the upstairs. )


He walked all the way from my closet wearing these! 
And my absolute favorite phrase he says right now is before bed.  These days, I am putting Brady to bed and James is putting Jack to bed.  So Jack will walk into Brady's room as I'm rocking him and say, "Goodnight, I love you!" and kiss Brady and I.  Then he gets a big grin and shuffles back into his room for his story and bedtime.  

No comments:

Post a Comment