Monday, September 2, 2013

Brady: 5 Months Old!

Big boy is 5 months!



He's really grown a lot in the last month.  He's more vocal-- more cooing, babbling, laughing.  You can no longer put in him his swing/bouncer and walk away... he needs to be a part of the action and watching someone (typically he loves to watch his big brother).



He is now rolling!  Look out!  I'm pretty sure he rolled his first times (front to back and back to front) without us watching because I would step away and when I would come back he'd be on his back or belly (not where I had placed him)... but I didn't officially call him a roller until I saw it.  Which I did finally, and then James did the next day.  He gets so proud and smiley when he rolls over!  Also this is probably because we cheer for him so much :)

After a nap... so happy! 
 He's sleeping from about 8pm to 6am.  He's taking less naps during the day, but usually a nap a few hours in the morning and a few hours in the afternoon.



What a big boy!  He's 20 lbs 9 ounces and I think at least 28.5-29 inches based on the clothing size he's wearing-- I haven't re-measured his length.  I looked back and Jack was this weight at 9 months old!  He's wearing a select few 9 month, mostly 12 month or 12-18 month clothes.  Clothes that he is currently wearing, Jack wore this time last year.  He's about 6-7 pounds behind Jack, and about 5 inches.  They are also now wearing the same diaper size! (Which at least makes packing the diaper bag easier).  We haven't started cereal yet because I really don't think he needs it... maybe this month.

After hours weigh-in at my office (check out that cellulite!)  :)




We took out the exersaucer and he like this more and more.  His head control is great now so he can sit in it for awhile and play.  When he's in there playing, Jack says "Brady in the jungle!" (because there's jungle animals on it).  So now that's what we call it too :)





We did a lot of fun things this past month that hopefully I can post about soon-- we went to Door County for a short family vacation and watched James complete his second  Half Ironman race.  Our friends the Kiblers visited from Iowa for a weekend.  We also went to Michigan for a weekend to visit our friends the Dudleys.  Brady is getting his traveling in!

Preview of our Michigan trip... Brady's first time at the beach!

Recent Milestones
New Things I can Do:  roll over, reach and grab toys, take my pacifier out of my mouth and then put it back in correctly

Favorite Things: exersaucer, pacifier, the swing (he's too long for it... but we will use it until we can't!), tickles from Dada, playing with big brother, and snuggles from Mommy

Places I Went: Door County, the zoo for Jack's birthday, Michigan

Special Events and Holidays: Jack's 2nd birthday

More 5 month pictures!










No comments:

Post a Comment