He is more boy and less baby every day! He loves to wrestle with James and even me! When I'm lying on the ground he'll stand up, raise his arms, and then fall down onto me while he's giggling. He still loves to chase the cats around and whenever poor Wrigley lets him catch him he "wrestles" and "loves on" him too. :) (Bailey is usually smarter and just runs away). He's also very lovable. He still cuddles with me when he's a little tired and rests his head on my shoulder. If you ask him, "Jack can I have a kiss?" he will lean his face in for a kiss. It's so cute.
He has four teeth now: his top four in the middle. Still none on the bottom! He's eating basically everything we eat now, but he definitely eats healthier than either James or me, I try to keep him away from all the bad stuff we enjoy. He's drinking whole milk out of his sippy cups at meals like a big boy. I finally let him try a little meat and he likes hamburger and chicken. His favorites are still any bread (toast, pancakes, pasta, crackers, whatever) and fruit. He still loves blueberries the best!
He loves books. He'll sit and flip through books himself and point out pictures. If we are in the room he'll hold up a book for us with a look like, "You're going to read this to me, right?" His favorite are the Sandra Boynton board books, but any board books are great. Before bed I'll read him 2-3 books, and we always end with Goodnight Moon. He also still really loves his musical toys. He loves to play the drums, shake the maracas, and play with his piano that plays music. Whenever the music comes on he smiles and bounces his head around to the music.
His sleep is still great. He'll sleep at least 12 hours at night with 2-3 hour naps. I don't really know what time he wakes up, because he just sits and plays with his stuffed animals in his crib until I come get him. Then he'll stand up and bounce in his crib until I come pick him up. It's so cute!
He loves sleeping with his favorite stuffed animals, a Peter Rabbit and a white stuffed goat we got him in Door County.
The biggest news is that Jack took his first steps! This past month he would stand on his own without help and just balance there... for awhile... but never took those steps despite all my encouragement. Then on the night of his birthday we were just playing on the ground and he stood up and took a few steps all on his own! He's taken about 10 steps at the most now, he usually will just plop back down on the ground and crawl wherever he wants to go because it's faster. We're working on it :)
Today I am... 1 year old!
Recent Milestones
New Things I Can Do: stand by myself and walk!
Favorite Things: Peter Rabbit and "Al" the stuffed goat he got at Al Johnson's Restaurant
Places I Went: 4th of July Communityfest in Neenah, Racine for Daddy's Half Ironman, Door County, St. Joseph, MI to visit the Dudleys



jack is just like his big cousin lisa! she took her first steps on her first birthday in the evening too! how wonderful and exciting! I hope you are investigating modeling opportunities for mister smiley face. any manufacturer would be delighted to have him modeling their clothes!
ReplyDelete