I'm a little late in posting this, but I wanted to talk about our trips we took as a family this summer!
First, all three of us went up to Door County, Wisconsin for a week's vacation with my family. If you know me, you know I LOVE Door County. I've been going there almost every summer since I was 4 weeks old with my family. And now I live only about an hour and a half away, it's perfect :) James has only been once before, and Jack has never been, so it was fun to take my boys to places that I loved as a child (and still do love!)
The Greenwood Supper Club:
Supper Clubs are a Wisconsin tradition! One of my dad's favorite stories about Door County is that they took me here when I was 4 weeks old and put me in my carseat under the table. I was such a good and quiet baby that he and my mom ate their dinner... and then walked out of the restaurant, forgetting I was even there! Every time we go back here, they point out the table they were sitting at that night. I'm happy to report I did not leave Jack in the restaurant :)
All ready for the pool!
Al Johnson's is one of my favorite restaurants up there! It's a great place for Swedish pancakes (I think they have other food, but I've never ordered anything else!) The building also has grass on the roof with goats on the roof! It was fun pointing the goats out to Jack. We also got him a stuffed goat, which he has slept with every night since!
 |
| Goat on the roof! |
 |
| Sister Bay |
 |
| Jack and Aunt Colleen |
 |
| Grandma and Jack in Fish Creek |
 |
| At a fish boil in Fish Creek |
 |
| Aunt Colleen, Grandpa, and Jack in downtown Fish Creek |
 |
| Sunset Beach in Fish Creek |
 |
| Practicing his walk with Grandpa! |
We also went to St. Joseph, Michigan for a weekend to visit our good friends Anne and Ryan Dudley. Anne is one of my best friends; we met over a cadaver in Anatomy lab during the first weeks of medical school. Ryan was in the class above us. They have been in Detroit the last 5 years for medical school rotations and residency, so our visits have been few and too far between! But when they finished residency in June (Ryan is an anesthesiologist, Anne is a pediatrician), they moved back to Anne's hometown in Southwest Michigan. Now we are only 5 hours away from each other! And they had a sweet baby girl named Rosemary in May that we get to hang out with now too! St. Joseph is right on Lake Michigan. It is such a cute town, and we were able to catch some beautiful sunsets during our visit! It was great to catch up with the Dudleys (and Jack loved meeting Rosey!)
No comments:
Post a Comment