It's really lighthearted and fun. A lot of the other pregnancy journals I looked at got pretty cheesy and overly dramatic (10 pages to document your birthing classes? I'm not even going to take those), but this one was right up my alley. There are free response and also multiple choice questions to answer to help document your thoughts and experiences during the entire pregnancy. Some of the questions make me laugh out loud. Here's one of my favorites:
My energy level has been:
__Relatively normal
__A little sluggish
__I can't even complete a senten
__Relatively normal
__A little sluggish
__I can't even complete a senten
In other news I just finished my last shift ever of ER nights! I'm so excited I can't sleep so I thought I'd do my blog post! Hopefully as I get off this weird schedule and am entering my 2nd trimester my energy level will improve. Currently I'm craving sushi (probably because I can't have most of it) and Honey Nut Cheerios. Otherwise still feeling well. Here's what I look like...
How your baby's growing:
Your growing baby now measures about 4 inches long, crown to rump, and weighs in at about 2 1/2 ounces (about the size of an orange). She's busy moving amniotic fluid through her nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in her lungs begin to develop. Her legs are growing longer than her arms now, and she can move all of her joints and limbs. Although her eyelids are still fused shut, she can sense light. If you shine a flashlight at your tummy, for instance, she's likely to move away from the beam. There's not much for your baby to taste at this point, but she is forming taste buds. Finally, if you have an ultrasound this week, you may be able to find out whether your baby's a boy or a girl!
But don't hold your breath on that last part... we're keeping it a surprise! Can't wait to find out on delivery day if Baby Kane is a boy or a girl!

I love that you are keeping it a secret! You have such a cute baby bump. :)
ReplyDelete