When I first met James, he was not a cat person. But because he was so in love with me :) he learned to love them too. When we got married, I started begging James immediately for a cat. Three months later he finally gave in and we brought home our first fur baby Bailey!
Bailey Irish Cream Kane
When we went to the animal shelter I told James that I wanted a cat that would purr loudly and talk to me. There were two kittens left in Bailey's litter and it was hard to choose which one would be "ours." When we were deciding, James held Bailey up in one hand and an all orange kitten up in the other hand. Bailey looked at us, said "merrrow" and then started purring very loudly. I looked at James and we both said, "this one!" And he's been our first "baby" ever since!
Two years later we adopted Wrigley. Wrigley was kind of a "surprise" addition... initially he was intended as a present for my dad, but when my mom vetoed bringing a cat home somehow he ended up coming home with us! (Maybe it was my sad eyes directed at James? It'll always remain a mystery how he got in our car...)
Wrigley Addison Clark Kane
The two boys did not immediately hit it off, but soon were inseparable. Which brings me to the inspiration for this post. They love to "snuggle" with each other, and the other night I had a little photoshoot with them and wanted to share the pictures. I was washing our bedding and when I came back upstairs this is the scene I found!
I love these little guys, they have brought such joy into our lives! And if James ever jokes that they are "my" cats and he just can't wait for the day he gets "his" dog... I will remind him of moments like these (this was James' nap after the Des Moines Marathon).
No comments:
Post a Comment