A first for me this week: the dermatologist I am working with for the next two weeks asked me when I was due when I didn't even tell him I was pregnant! Maybe I'm starting to look pregnant and not just like I ate a large lunch! :) Speaking of large meals, James and I just got back from a nice impromptu date night of sushi (cooked of course) and chinese. James says he's sure the baby's a girl because I'm still craving all of my usual favorite foods. So I'm going to go ahead and guess it's a boy just to argue with him. It's a fun game. Can't wait to celebrate our 11th Valentine's Day together this weekend (5th together as a married couple, first as a pregnant couple!) On Friday we have our second OB appointment. Can't wait to hear the heartbeat again! I've been good and haven't peeked at an ultrasound or listened to the heartbeat myself at work. To be honest I haven't had time!
How your baby's growing:
Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length. Right now, he's about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet. He's even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop.

No comments:
Post a Comment