Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Mom Visits, Organizing the Baby's Room, and the Best Chocolate Cake Ever

This past weekend my mom came to visit us!  It was such a great weekend.  We started off her visit with a surprise-- a visit to my clinic and a viewing of Baby Kane!  I let James operate the ultrasound machine and we took a few pictures for Mom to bring home with her. This was the best profile shot we could get of the baby.

Cute, huh?  :)

Saturday Mom, James, and I went to work.  Our basement storage area was a mess and we organized what was down there, gave away a lot, threw away a lot.  Then we boxed up our office and moved that downstairs as well.  The room is now ready to start filling with baby things!


Our gifts for Baby Kane so far

After a hard day's work, I took Mom out to a dinner at Court Avenue (and to visit James at work).


The next day, I made my most glorious masterpiece ever.  I got a Hershey's cookbook for Christmas and have been trying out recipes as I'm able to.  I made the "Perfect Chocolate Cake" for my mom-- and it was perfect! 




Yes, it was as delicious as it looked!  Thanks for visiting Mom! 

No comments:

Post a Comment