It was also a great week because I got to catch up with friends who live in Wisconsin. On Monday night I visited my high school friends Carly and Albert who live in Madison and Carly took me out to dinner at this fun and delicious diner in Madison. It was great to catch up! Then Thursday night Ashley came over from Milwaukee to visit. I showed her the area, we went shopping at a an outlet mall, and went out to dinner. Then we woke up at 3am to watch Royal Wedding coverage and watch the wedding itself. I'm really glad we did! I'll always remember watching the Royal Wedding with my oldest friend and Baby Kane :) Ashley just finished medical school and she and her husband Logan will be moving to North Carolina in June for her to start her residency at UNC. I will miss her! I can't believe I forgot to take pictures of both of these reunions... sorry friends!
So while I wasn't home to take our fruit/vegetable picture of the week, we'll use my bump picture at Easter for my 27 week bump shot.
| (Just a reminder, even though it's in the post immediately below this one) :) |
How your baby's growing:
This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended. She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were to be born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother her, so just relax and enjoy the tickle.
I think I've felt the hiccups! Also, this past week BK has been giving me harder kicks than ever before. It's the first time some of the kicks have kind of hurt a little!
We got a really cute bassinet from my cousin Jill that has made its way from Tennessee to Illinois and finally to Iowa. I brought it back with me after my trip, and you can guess who got really curious about it pretty quickly.
| Naughty #1 |
| Naughty #2 |
They haven't actually jumped into the bassinet... I'm watching for that closely. And right after I took these pictures I kicked them out of the baby's room anyways. They've certainly gotten curious about all the new stuff that's collecting in there!

Which diner did you go to in Madison? Monty's blue plate diner? I think that's the one we went to and LOVED when we went to Madison...
ReplyDeleteYeah, it was Monty's!
ReplyDeleteOMG it was sooo good, everything had a vegetarian option. Also, I loved the warning sign... "any unattended child will be given an espresso and a puppy..."
ReplyDelete