Sunday I was on call all day-- a 30 hour shift. I was pretty tired afterwards but after a nice post-call afternoon nap James and I went out for date night. We did a little mall shopping and then went out to dinner.
 |
| My date :) He loves when I take pictures of just him... |
 |
| Molten lava chocolate cake... just what the doctor ordered! |
 |
| Almost 31 weeks! |
My internal medicine rotation has been rough-- it seems like if I'm not on call it's at least a 11-12 hour day at work. Last night after another 12 hour day James took me to the "soft opening" of a new restaurant in Des Moines called Americana. It's being opened by the owner of Court Ave Brewery and the old general manager. It was really good! The grand opening is this Friday.
And tonight James is cooking me steak on the grill. So... basically I've barely cooked a dinner since I started my internal medicine rotation. Everyone says "enjoy your time just the two of you before the baby comes" and despite my busy work schedule, we definitely have been recently!
No comments:
Post a Comment