Saturday, May 14, 2011

29 Weeks

To complete my Mother's Day post, I wanted to add that when James got home from work that evening he had a dozen multicolored roses "from" himself and Baby Kane as well as cards from him and the cats for me.  What a good Dad :)  This past week has been nice and low key, which I've appreciated.  With the warmer weather last week we started grilling almost every dinner.  My favorite was grilled Thai chicken, grilled asparagus, grilled red peppers, and grilled smoked garlic foccacia bread from the farmer's market.  It was SO GOOD.  However now it's dropped back down into the cold, cloudy, rainy 50s.  What the heck spring?

The baby's dresser arrived this week! Here's what it looks like:



Monday I start the hardest rotation that I have to do during residency- inpatient internal medicine. Last time I was on the service I was 9-10 weeks pregnant so it wasn't so bad.  We'll see how it goes being 30-31 weeks!  I always learn a lot, but it's just long hours, harder patients, and more frequent, intensive call.  Thankfully I'll have finished all my 2nd year internal medicine rotations after that and won't have to be on service again until early December as a 3rd year.  Hopefully the baby will be on a good sleep schedule by then because James will basically be a single parent during those two weeks!

Here's the bump picture for the week!  (This eggplant looks too small for how big I feel... but it's one of those weight, not length comparisons again!)


How your baby's growing:

Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like an eggplant) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. To meet his increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because his bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.


Don't worry-- I'm drinking lots of milk.  And eating lots of ice cream-- that's a good source of calcium too right? :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment