Sunday, May 29, 2011

31 Weeks

Baby's been moving a LOT lately and now my whole belly moves with it!  It's fun to watch the ripples across my (ever growing) belly.  We've been trying to pick out parts of the baby as now it's easier to feel.  I think we've felt the butt and an elbow or knee so far.  The baby seems to like the right side too, so sometimes when I'm sitting down you can see the whole bump shift to the right.  It's a riot. It's harder kicks than before, but nothing hurts unless baby gets its foot under my ribcage.

I've been looking forward to this next week for awhile.  Tomorrow I have the entire day off and can sleep in past 5:30 am (first day in 14 days!) and I took Friday off so it's a 3 day week for me.  This weekend is our shower in Barrington, I'm so excited to see friends and family I haven't seen in awhile!

The bump at 31 weeks!






How your baby's growing:

This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. He weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. He can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin. He's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment