As I'm writing this post, I'm actually almost 31 weeks. Life has been busy! I'm really busy at work and last weekend we had friends visit Friday and Saturday, then I was on call all day Sunday. So I'm finally coming up for air. Our 30 week doctor's appointment went well. It's always great to hear the baby's heartbeat (I think my favorite part is watching James' big smile break out when he hears the heartbeat, actually). I've heard lots of baby heartbeats during my OB experiences but it's really surreal when it's your OWN baby you are hearing! Dr. Severidt thinks the baby is lying transverse right now, but s/he still has plenty of time to get that head down. I'm pretty sure it's butt/legs are on my right side, head on the left, because I feel a big hard round bump push out into my side at least once a day and I get most of the kicks under my right ribs.
James put the crib up this week and our dresser arrived too. I'll save pictures for when the nursery is done! Can't wait! :)
Here's the bump picture for 30 weeks...
How your baby's growing:
Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and she weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)
No comments:
Post a Comment